One of the most daunting tasks for American drivers is figuring out car insurance rates. One company you may want to take a look at is Travelers Group, whose features and benefits are designed to fit all budgets. Learning more about auto-insurance can be the first step in starting to save money and make certain your coverage is comprehensive enough to cover the needs and potential dangers of your vehicle type.
Auto Insurance Products
There’s no one-size-fits-all when it comes to auto insurance, which is why Travelers offers a wide range of products to meet the needs of American drivers. Whether you’re looking for basic liability coverage or comprehensive protection, we have a plan that’s right for you.
Our auto insurance products include:
Liability Coverage: This is the most basic level of protection, and covers property damage and bodily injury caused by you to others.
Collision Coverage: This covers damage to your vehicle from collisions with other vehicles or objects, regardless of who is at fault.
Comprehensive Coverage: This extends your protection beyond collision, and covers damages caused by events such as theft, vandalism, weather, and more.
Collision coverage is one of the most important types of auto insurance you can buy. It helps pay to repair or replace your car if it’s damaged in a crash with another vehicle or object, regardless of who is at fault.
If you have collision coverage and your car is totaled in an accident, your insurer will pay you the actual cash value (ACV) of your vehicle minus your deductible. The ACV is what a used car dealer would likely pay for your vehicle in its current condition. So, if you have a $5,000 deductible and your car is totaled in an accident, you’ll get a check for $5,000 from your insurer. You’ll then owe the dealership the remaining $15,000 to purchase a new vehicle.
If you don’t have collision coverage and your car is totaled in an accident, you’ll be responsible for the entire cost of replacing your vehicle. That means if you have a $20,000 loan on a car that’s worth $25,000, you’ll still owe the bank $5,000 after insurance pays out its portion.
Travelers Group offers a wide range of auto-insurance products for American drivers. These products include:
– Liability Coverage: This type of coverage protects you financially if you are found to be at fault in an accident. It can help pay for the other driver’s medical expenses, property damage, and legal fees.
– Collision Coverage: This type of coverage helps pay to repair or replace your vehicle if it is damaged in an accident.
– Comprehensive Coverage: This type of coverage helps pay to repair or replace your vehicle if it is stolen or damaged by something other than a collision, such as fire, flooding, or vandalism.
– Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This type of coverage protects you financially if you are in an accident with a driver who does not have insurance or does not have enough insurance to cover the damages they caused.
– Medical Payments Coverage: This type of coverage can help pay your medical expenses if you are injured in an accident, regardless of who is at fault.
Assuming you would like a general overview of the extra coverages:
In addition to its standard offerings, Travelers Group also provides several optional or “extra” coverages. These include:
Coverage for towing and labor costs: This can help if you need to get your vehicle towed or have roadside assistance.
Rental car reimbursement: If your car is in the shop for repairs, this coverage can help pay for a rental car.
Customized equipment coverage: If you have installed any aftermarket items on your car, this coverage can help protect them.
Enhanced accident forgiveness: With this option, your rates will not go up as long as you don’t have any at-fault accidents and remain claim-free for five years.
These are just a few of the extra coverages that Travelers Group offers. Be sure to ask your agent about all available options so you can make the best decision for your needs.
The Travelers Group offers a wide range of auto-insurance products for American drivers, from liability coverage to comprehensive plans. No matter what your needs are, Travelers has an option that can help keep you and your family safe on the road. Contact a local agent today to get started on finding the right policy for you.